Privacy statement for the Northumbria University Website
Northumbria University is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals visiting this Website. The University is registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. This Privacy Statement explains to users of the Web Site:
- The information which we collect about you when you visit this Site
- How we use this information
- To whom we disclose this information
This Website is managed by the Web Team
If you have any concerns about privacy on the Northumbria University Website, please contact: the Data Protection Officer, Northumbria University, Ellison Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 8ST.
What information do we collect?
- You do not have to provide any personal information when you visit the Northumbria University Website simply to read or download information from non-protected pages. As with most web servers, our web servers automatically collect the following information:
- Requested URL (Uniform Resource Locator)
- IP (Internet Protocol) address (this may or may not identify a specific computer)
- Domain name from which you access the internet
- Referring URL
- Software (browser/operating system) used to access the page
- If you visit protected pages, where to gain access a user ID and password is required, then we also automatically collect the user ID used to access each page.
- We will only collect personal information, e.g. name and address where you knowingly supply the information through using on line forms or by sending us an e-mail.
How secure is the information we collect?
- We do our utmost through the provision of technical, physical and administrative solutions and procedures to protect the personal information we hold.
- We cannot ensure the security of any personal information, in an e-mail or an online form, whilst it is being transmitted to us.
The Data Protection Act 1998
Statutory Instrument 2003 No. 2426, Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
Office of the Information Commissioner